Carlton Krane arrives in the living room of his new home courtesy of an unexpected detour into the Section N Underpass.
The multi-coloured carpets, hypnotic-patterned wallpaper and the Cortina in the garage indicate a reversal of time.
Drawn to the utility room by the swirling sound of the twin-tub washing machine, he discovers a shoebox full of typewritten documents – documents containing details of advertising, leisure, lifestyle and entertainment from yester-years. Section N Underpass – the ‘N’ stands for Nostalgia – existing in the past… a reality! Tag-along with Carlton Krane whilst enjoying nostalgic straplines, stories, facts, photos and sketches.
Section N Underpass is full-on nostalgia without lumps, fat or gristle – guaranteed! Every page will make you smile, giggle or laugh out loud. A must read for anyone who enjoys regular trips back down memory lane.
Contents of the Section N Underpass
- The Freeman Hardy Willis shoebox
- Mr Kipling: The master baker and the tale of Sandra the nosey parker!
- Making and consuming Angel Delight by Mrs Dolly Enright
- Cadbury’s Milk Tray … all because the lady loves Milk Tray
- Lucozade: In sickness and health – enthusiastic advice from general practitioner Davis J Daniels
- Wall’s Ice Cream: Keeping cool during the scorching hot summer
- Beanz Meanz Heinz
- Grandstand or World or Sport? Sport rules on Saturday afternoon
- How to win at Monopoly: The cheat sheet
- Smash Hits: Lester Drake talks to the bitch with the notepad
- The name is Vic: held captive by the Vic 20 home computer
- The Raleigh Chopper: stretching the imagination
- Ready Brek: central heating for Harry
- My preferred choice of weapon by Mrs J Hastings
- Ian’s survival plan whilst at Grange Hill
- The Allegro, the Ambassador, Sel the mechanic and Castrol motor oil
- The Ford Capri: a short tale of a regretful taxi driver
- The Green Cross Code Man – the helpless gent
- John Stoneyleigh-Smith is the voice of Access – Your flexible friend
- A brief history of British Telecom told by Eastender Scott Manning
- Matey to the rescue
- The big clean-up with Judy Jacobson
- Brut aftershave: Homme de France with attitude
- Maxwell House coffee
Click-on front cover of the book to order your copy
Section N Underpass hardback book
Order your signed copy here. Price includes delivery withing the UK. Please email me if you require more than one copy or for overseas orders